ClearCorrect is an orthodontic aligner that is used to address dental malocclusions and straighten the teeth without relying on metal brackets or wires to move teeth. The ClearCorrect aligners are fabricated from dental-grade clear and transparent plastic material that resembles a full retainer. If they are taken care of well by keeping them clean and without any scratches, they will stay clear and virtually invisible when worn. At Point Loma Family Dentistry, Dr. Louis E. Paulerio offers ClearCorrect aligners to help our patients achieve straight, well-aligned teeth.
ClearCorrects are, in fact, are an advanced dental treatment procedure that is an ideal option for those who do not want to wear traditional braces or are looking for an aesthetic solution to align their teeth.
What Conditions Does ClearCorrects Address?
ClearCorrect aligners are versatile and resolve different types of dental misalignments and bite issues, including the following:
- Crooked teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Excessive gaps/ spaces between the teeth
- Misaligned jaws
How Does ClearCorrect Work?
At Point Loma Family Dentistry, we use ClearCorrects that are custom made and manufactured as per the condition and requirement of the patient's teeth. Once they are fixed on to the teeth, the aligners exert gentle pressure on them, pushing the teeth to their orthodontically right position. It is important to wear ClearCorrect for at least 22 hours a day to get the treatment results fast.
As the treatment progresses, the patient receives new aligners every two to four weeks that fit the changed shape and position of the teeth. The exact duration of the treatment using ClearCorrect may vary for each patient and depends on the extent of their teeth misalignment. To get the best results and to maintain its effects even after the treatment, it is important to follow the instructions given by the dentist.
Benefits of ClearCorrect Aligners
- ClearCorrect aligners are virtually invisible; people won't even notice that you are wearing them.
- Since ClearCorrect aligners are removable and can be taken out during brushing and flossing, they do not affect the patient's dental hygiene.
- Since patients can remove ClearCorrect aligners when eating, there are no food restrictions they need to follow. Besides, they do not need to be worried about food getting stuck in the brackets while having food.
- Clear aligners are more comfortable than conventional metal braces as they do not comprise any metal fittings or wires attached to the teeth.
- ClearCorrect aligner offers a more convenient and comfortable teeth straightening option that needs fewer dental visits.