Your smile is one of your most striking facial features. Cosmetic Dentistry is a continually advancing field with various innovative treatment options; thus, realizing an attractive, healthy, aesthetic smile is easy for people of all ages.
At Point Loma Dentistry, we provide a wide range of cosmetic procedures that will help correct teeth that are worn, discolored, stained, chipped, broken, misaligned, misshapen, or have gaps between them. The look of your smile can be renovated through any one of the cosmetic dentistry procedures.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments
Tooth staining items like tea, coffee, and tobacco products, together with poor oral hygiene, can cause discoloration and tooth stains. These problems can be overcome with cosmetic procedures such as tooth whitening, which help remove the stains on the teeth using bleaching agents and provide whiter and brighter teeth.
Veneers are tailor-made in a dental lab by using teeth impressions of the patient. They are attached directly to the teeth's surface with a unique bonding agent. Veneers are good at hiding the flaws of the tooth structure, including chips, fractures, or severe discoloration.
Crowns are fabricated from porcelain fused with a metal alloy or pure ceramic, serve as the tooth's cap, and are secured directly onto the tooth. They are created in the dental lab based on the patient's teeth impressions. The crowns help renovate the tooth's structure, protect a weakened tooth due to fracture or severe decay, hide severe discolorations and strengthen a tooth that has undergone a root canal treatment.
Composite resins are tooth-colored bonding agents that help fill a decayed tooth or close the gaps between the teeth. The cosmetic dentist will first coarsen the tooth's surface using a mild acid, place the bonding agent, and harden it with laser light.
- Gum Contouring and Reshaping
A gummy smile can be aesthetically unpleasant. In a gum contouring procedure, the look of the gums can be improved by reattaching and reshaping the gums using laser dentistry.
Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dental treatments are planned to improve the teeth's appearance. They help prevent future damage to the tooth structure.
- Cosmetic correction procedures are a kind of investment for people in their beauty and youth. Most of the procedures help rectify all dental defects.
- A beautiful bright smile can give a significant boost to your self-confidence and image. It gives people the ability to laugh in public without worrying about crooked, missing, or decayed teeth.
- Most cosmetic dental treatments last for years if the teeth are cared for, as per the cosmetic dentist's instructions.
Dr. Louis Paulerio, Dentist in San Diego, CA at Point Loma Dentistry will help you get your shiny smile back. Call us today at (619) 223-3811 to schedule your dental consultation and know more about our cosmetic procedures.